There are a few instances that the memory of your opener would need to be erased.
- An unwanted remote is activating your garage door opener
- One remote button is activating multiple doors
- Your remote control is lost or has been stolen
- Purchased a new home and want to set garage door opener back to factory default
NOTE: Erasing the memory will remove ALL remote controls and keyless entry codes from the garage door opener.
Begin by locating the LEARN button on the back or side of the motor unit; generally this is on the same side as the antenna wire. You may need to remove a light lens cover or open a control panel to gain access. The LEARN button may be green, orange, red, purple or yellow, and will have a small LED next to it.
Note: Erasing the memory on your opener will clear out any working remotes or keyless entries. You will need to reprogram them.
Erase all remote controls and keyless entries
Units with a green, orange, red, purple or yellow LEARN button:
- Press and hold the LEARN button on the garage door opener until the LED next to the button goes out (approximately 6 seconds). All remote controls and keypads have been erased.
Erase all remote controls, keyless entries and MyQ® devices from the garage door opener
- Press and hold the LEARN button on garage door opener until the Learn LED goes out (approximately 6 seconds).
- Immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the Learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased. Reprogram any accessory you wish to use.